How to get local information and holiday advice
You can use our search tool to find locals with their information and tips, or particular activities which interest you.
Become a member of "Do As The Locals Do" (it’s free) and you’ll enjoy extra benefits from this site. Read about them here.
You can be a Local, too, and give holiday advice to travellers who are planning to visit your area. There are travellers from around the world who share your interests. Why not tell them what you think they should see and do locally? Find out more about becoming a Local.
For local information about your travel destination, simply follow these steps:
- Click on “Locals” on the search instructions and type in your destination’s name. Or if you’ve not yet decided on one, browse locations on the map . Before searching, put the Radius (in miles) from your destination. Then you can choose how local you want the person to be
- You can refine your search, by including brief details of yourself and your interests, in the “Profile Matching” box. Then you’ll be more accurately matched with a local who shares your needs and interests
- Click the search button and you’ll find locals with their holiday advice
Do you know which sorts of things you’d like to do at your destination? For local information on activities, follow these simple steps:
- Click on “Activities” in the search instructions. Then type in your destination, and how local to that place you’d like the advice to be, in the Radius box
- Click on “Activity Options” below the search box to choose an activity category (adventure, family fun, food and drink, etc), the time of day you’d like to do it, an approximate duration (in hours), and a rough amount you’re willing to pay. You can refine your search further by using “Profile Matching” so that your search results include recommendations from locals like you, with similar interests
- Read the locals’ recommendations and browse the accompanying activity galleries
Make the most of our locals’ holiday advice - join "Do As The Locals Do" for FREE
As a member you can:
- save your traveller’s profile on the site, so that you can use it again in future searches
- bookmark locals (so you can find them again easily)
- use the local information you find here to create your own personalised itinerary
- view locals’ itineraries and, if you like them, copy these and include them in your traveller’s itinerary
- print your itinerary, map and details of all activities, to take with you on your trip
For holiday advice from the locals, join "Do As The Locals Do" for FREE.
Give useful local information to people like yourself
""Do As The Locals Do" is a free service. We offer travellers holiday advice from local people. You’re a local yourself, so why not help your fellow travellers by recommending attractions and activities in your area? Join "Do As The Locals Do" and you can:
- create your own local profile
- give useful holiday advice to travellers who want views from a real local (you)
- create your own local itinerary to show travellers how they should spend their time in your town
- let people rate your activities and ask you questions about them
Share your holiday advice about where you live - join "Do As The Locals Do" for FREE.
Not found the local information you need?
Sorry if you’re unable to find the information or advice you want here. If you’d like us to track down a local in a particular destination, please let us know and we’ll get back to you.